Green Bay, Wis.(March 27, 2018)— Schneider may be known for its bright orange equipment, but even more integral to the transportation company’s culture is its spirit of giving. As a supporter of the communities in which its associates and customers live, the Schneider Foundation continues to build on its relationships with leading nonprofit organizations looking to make a difference at both the local and national levels. The foundation donated a total of nearly $1.5 million to more than 750 organizations in 2017, in the areas of arts and culture, children, education, and health and human services.
“At Schneider, we strive to be an integral part of the communities in which we live, work and serve,” said LuEllen Oskey, director of the Schneider Foundation. “That means caring for our neighbors. By contributing at the local level and beyond, we are able to help those around us and make a direct impact on the lives of so many.”
There are a variety of methods through which the Schneider Foundation provides assistance:
- Foundation Donations: Direct donations given to nonprofits for specific events, general capital campaigns or special causes.
- In-Kind Donations: This includes hauling supplies, IT support, printing and equipment donations.
- Pay It Forward: The Schneider Foundation randomly selects 100 associates who in turn select a charity of their choice to be the recipient of a $100 donation.
- Dollars for Doers: Every Schneider associate who volunteers at least 50 hours in their community receives a $250 donation for the nonprofit organization of their choice.
- Giving Orange: Schneider associates donate funds to help fellow associates experiencing a crisis.
- United Way: Each year, Schneider facilitates a United Way campaign across the organization. Associates have the opportunity to donate to the campaign and their pledge can be given directly to their local United Way or a charity of their choice. In addition, the foundation provides a direct donation to the Brown County (Wisconsin) United Way. Campaign donations for 2017 totaled $350,000, and Schneider was honored with the “Most Valuable Player” award by Brown County United Way.
Oskey added, “We want to create a sustainable future that provides opportunities for all citizens to thrive, but we also want to foster an environment where associates feel inspired to take action themselves. That’s why we’re so excited to offer programs that allow for the individual participation of associates across our enterprise.”
Schneider is proud to have helped so many local communities throughout North America. Learn more about the Schneider Foundation’s commitment to being a positive force for change and read about associates’ involvement on the Slice of Orange blog.
The Schneider Foundation, the charitable arm of Schneider, is committed to being a positive force for change and a responsible leader in the communities in which our associates live and work. The foundation was established in 1982 and provides support for charitable and nonprofit organizations, considering requests for money, time services, and in-kind contributions from a variety of local and national organizations.
The Foundation focuses its giving in the areas of arts and culture, children, education, and health and human services. Since its inception, the Schneider Foundation has donated millions of dollars to communities where our associates live and work. For more information about Schneider, visit www.schneider.com or follow on Twitter: @WeAreSchneider.